Nourishing and refreshing yourself properly is very important in this hot season that is here to stay for the next few months. You can do it in many ways and prepare recipes with different fruits. Do you want to discover one of our favourite blends? Today we show you how to make an orange and carrot smoothie!
This is just one of the many ideas that you can find on our website to take advantage of the benefits of a diet of oranges, among other foods that are essential in everyday life.
How to make an orange and carrot smoothie?
With the following ingredients and steps you can prepare a nice glass of orange and carrot smoothie. Take note and gather everything you need:
- Two oranges to squeeze their juice
- One carrot of about 200 grams (or about 17 centimetres if you don't have a food weighing machine)
- Semi-skimmed milk
- Natural yoghurt
- A juicer
- A blender
Everything in order and at your fingertips? The process of making our orange and carrot smoothie starts here. Follow our instructions carefully and it will be perfect:
- The main step is to cut the oranges in two to extract the juice with the help of the juicer.
- Next, take the carrot and chop it into small pieces with the help of a knife. They don't need to be millimetric, as that's what the blender is for, but the easier you make it, the better. And you'll make sure it doesn't get stuck.
- Now it's time for the dairy products. On the one hand, you will need to calculate about 150 mL of milk and, on the other hand, take a couple of large spoonfuls of natural yoghurt. This second ingredient is essential to give the orange and carrot smoothie its characteristic creaminess.
- With all the elements ready, all you have to do is let the blender do its job until the desired result is achieved.
- You can always experiment and vary the quantities a little. Some people prefer their orange and carrot smoothie to be a little thicker and add a little more yoghurt - it's up to you!
What do you think of the result, and have you taken any other steps to unleash your creativity with food? What we love most about this is also learning from our readers' tricks to discover new flavours, so don't hesitate to share your secret ingredients with us.
Get your quality oranges in just 24 hours with Cítricos Siscaret
If you are going to follow our recipes this summer, we recommend you to buy quality products like the ones we offer you at Cítricos Siscaret. Our oranges come directly from our fields in Valencia and only take 24 hours to reach your table.
Without preservatives that alter their properties and with a more intense flavour than any other orange you can find in your usual greengrocer's. Try ours, discover the difference and tell us what you think!